Varicose Veins| Leg Ulcer| Wounds

compressionanimation

How Hosiery Works

Compression therapy has been repeatedly proven effective in the treatment and prevention of venous disorders. Medical research has shown that stockings are effective in reducing leg symptoms only when the compression is graduated, meaning the pressure is greatest at the ankle and sequentially less up the leg.

The compression of the hosiery physically reduces the circumference of the limb and the superficial veins. By decreasing the size of the veins, blood flows faster, which helps prevent the blood form pooling and the chances of developing a thrombus.

 

All About Compressions

The pressure that a stocking exerts at the ankle is measured in millimetres of mercury (mm of Hg). Different compression ranges can be produced by varying the knit design and elastomeric yarn denier. Because pressure readings vary slightly, manufacturers typically report compression levels as a range (ex. 20-30 mm Hg).

The Activa line offers a range of compression levels to meet your needs

Lite Support Compression, 9-12 & 15-20 mm Hg:

  • Tired, aching legs and feet
  • Mild foot and leg swelling
  • Mild varicosities
  • Standing, sitting o traveling of extended periods of time
  • Preventative support

Moderate compression, 20-30 mm Hg Class I:

  • Chronic leg fatigue heaviness
  • Ankle, foot and leg swelling
  • Mild varicosities
  • Post-surgical
  • Superficial thrombophlebitis
  • Preventative treatment during pregnancy
  • Post-sclerotherapy
  • Preventative for those with disposition for vein disease

Heavy Compression, 30-40 mm Hg Class II:

  • Moderate varicosities
  • Moderate edema
  • Lymphatic edema
  • Post-surgical
  • Prevention and treatment of venous ulcers
  • Venous insufficiency
  • Prophylaxis of thrombosis

Anti-Embolism, 18 mm Hg:

  • Thrombo Embloic Deterrent
  • Non-ambulatory, red-ridden patients
  • Pre- and Post-surgical procedures
  • Mild Varicosities

These preventative products can have dramatic benefits to individuals who stand or sit for long periods of time or have any risk factors, making them predisposed to venous disorders. One potentially at-risk group are frequent air travellers, especially those passengers on long flights in coach class seating. Ladies and men socks are now available to accommodate this group.

Any individual with symptoms of venous disorders should consult us to ascertain the correct therapy for the specific leg condition. We should determine the style and compression level.

 

download

Actilymph

Indications

The ActiLymph leg ulcer hosiery kit, is a hosiery alternative to bandages for healing leg ulcers. Two Stockings are worn one on top of the other. A 10 mm Hg liner followed by a below the knee, open toed class 2 European. Classification garment (23-32 mm Hg). The combined compression allows leg ulcer healing without the bulk of bandages. Suitable post healing for patients with a history of leg ulcer reoccurrence.

Not everyone with a leg ulcer is suitable for the hosiery kit and some people may need to wear bandages, It will depend on the size and shape of your leg and he ulcer.

D7705_1

ActiFormCool

A non-adhesive, high water content hydrogel dressing. It is a two-sided, clear, transparent hydrogel formed around a supporting blue polyethylene matrix. The product contains approximately 70% water with the remaining 30% consisting of a swollen acrylic polymer based on a taurate derivative with phenoxyethanol as a preservative. The gel is permeable to water vapour and gases. ActiFormCool provides a moist environment at the surface of the wound.
Provided that the dressing is not allowed to dry out, it will not adhere to the underlying tissue upon removal
ActiFormCool reduces wound pain and provides an immediate cooling effect, especially if the skin or wound is hot and inflamed.

ActiFormCool dynamically responds to the moisture level the wound, either donating or absorbing exudate, to create and maintain the optimal moist wound environment.

Key Benefits:

  • Reduces wound pain by cooling inflamed tissue and bathing nerve endings
  • Dynamically responds to the wound environment to treat the underlying causes of pain
  • Removing devitalised tissue by donating moisture to dry wounds and exudate from wet wounds
  • Pain is managed throughout wear time – not just at dressing change
  • Gentle even on the most gentile skin
  • Effective under compression therapy

In Archive